Toll Free No.
Our Branches
New Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune

Canada CRS Points Calculator 2020

This tool will help you calculate your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on the answers you provide below.

Select appropriate answer:

  • In case you have received Invitation to apply, mention your age on the date you received the Invitation.
  • If you wish to complete the Express Entry profile, mention your age at present.

Mention the highest Educational qualification for which you:

  • Obtained a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • Had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA),in case you completed your studies outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved assessing authority, in the last 5 years)

Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been receivedfrom arecognized Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning will be accepted only if it made up less than half your study.

Note: to answer yes:

  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months

5) Official languages: English and French are the official languages of Canada

Submit the language test results (the results must be less than 2 years old) for all programs under Express Entry, even if English or French is your 1st language.

Enter your test scores:

If your answer is yes, which language test did you appear in for your 2nd official language?

The language Test results should not be less than 2 years old.

Enter your test scores for:

6) Work Experience

It needs to be paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) experience.

Note: National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official occupation list of all the jobs available in the Canadian labour market. It defines each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:

  • managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)

If you are not sure about the NOC relevant to your job, you may check your NOC here or contact Visas Avenue expert to know about the same.

It needs to be paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

Note: A certificate of qualification allows the individuals to work in some skilled trades in Canada, however, only provinces, territories and a federal body can issue such certificates. In order to get such certificate, individuals need to get their training, trade experience and skills assessedand then clear a certification exam.

Individuals usually need to visit the province or territory to get assessed. Candidates may also require experience and training from an employer in Canada.

However, it should not be confused with nomination from a province or territory, as nomination is different thing.

Additional Points

A valid job offer must be

  • full-time
  • in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2011 National Occupational Classification
  • supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or exempt from needing one
  • for 1 year from the time you become a permanent resident

An employment offer isn’t valid in case your employer is:

  • an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or
  • on the list of ineligible employers.

The validity of the job offer depends on different factors, depending on your case.

Know more about NOC Skill Type

Note: If you select yes, such brother or sister need to be:

  • at least 18 years or above
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner

A brother or sister is related to you by:

  • blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)
  • earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case. For example:

If you have TWO Bachelor’s degrees, or one Bachelor’s AND a two year college diploma, choose – “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in one or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.

Test results must be less than two years old.

ii) Enter the test scores for:

Your CRS Score result

The candidates applying in Express entry System, get a points out of 1,200, based on the 4 parts of the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) formula

The IRCC invites the top rankingapplicants from the Express entry pool to apply for permanent residency in Canada, through periodicdraws or “rounds of invitations.”

Free Visa Assessment Form