British Columbia (BC) is a vibrant province of Canada that easily becomes the first choice of newcomers looking to settle in an ideal place for them in Canada. The BC invites the applications from the applicants under various immigration categories under its Provincial Nominee Program, i.e. British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). A few months back, BCPNP had its official registration system, i.e. SIRS (Skills Immigration Registration System).
It accepts the Expression of Interest (EOI) from the applicants under various categories, i.e.
- Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker
- Skills Immigration – International Graduate
- Express Entry B.C. – Skilled Worker
- Express Entry B.C. – International Graduate
- Skills Immigration – Northeast Pilot Project
- Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
- Express Entry British Columbia
Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Worker
The Express Entry B.C. – Skilled Worker category is the most popular category of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). It aligned with the Express Entry system of Canada so the applicant needs to have the account first in the EE system.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for Express Entry in British Columbia Category
To be able to apply under this category, you need to have:
- Registered your profile under Express Entry system and meet the minimum criteria for one of IRCC’s Express Entry programs:
- Accepted a full-time, indeterminate employment offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
- Become eligible to work in your job in B.C.
- At least 2 years of directly related work experience
- Demonstrate you can provide good support to yourself and your dependents
- Have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- Meet minimum language requirements
- Have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
If you have any further query with regards to British Columbia PNP process and requirements 2020, you may send an e-mail to our Canadian immigration expert at [email protected].