Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is one among the three sub-categories of Federal point based Express Entry immigration System of Canada. The skilled workers looking to apply for permanent residency in Canada through Express Entry System need apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Most of the candidates, who apply Canada PR every year through Express entry, register their profile under this particular category of Express entry System.
Here are the three main categories of Canadian Express Entry immigration System:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): This category is for the overseas skilled workers willing to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): It’s for those candidates, who have the experience in any skilled trade.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): This category belongs to those candidates, who already have employment experience in Canada.
So, if you are applying for Canadian Permanent Residency through the express entry, you must register your profile under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).
What is point’s requirement for FSWP?
To become eligible to apply FSWP category of Federal Express Entry System, you must have at least 67 points based on age, education, work experience, language ability (English/French), etc. factors. The applicants with 67 points based on key profile factors can register a profile in the express entry under FSWP.
What are Eligibility requirements for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category?
- An applicant must have minimum one year experience in any of the NOC (National Occupational Classification) 0, A or B category occupations.
- Applicant need to have proficiency in the primary language, i.e. English/French with minimum CLB 7 Score
- The applicant must score the minimum 67 points based on key selection factors of FSWP, i.e. age, education, experience, language skills, etc.
- Applicant must show proof that he has enough funds to initially support him and his family members after landing in Canada.
How to apply in FSWP of Express entry System?
Here is the stepwise process to apply in FSWP category of Express entry:
- Register profile in Canada’s online Express Entry Immigration System and submit EOI under FSW category. You must obtain a minimum 67 points based on age, education, experience, etc. factors.
- Once you scored minimum required points, you will be moved to next level, i.e. Federal Express entry pool
- In the Express Entry pool, your profile will be evaluated based on key factors, accordingly, you will be allocated a point score, based on CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System).
- The IRCC will scan profiles in EE pool and invites them through draw that opens every fortnight.
- If you receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canada PR in any of the Express Entry draws, you will get 60 days to submit complete Canada PR application along with the essential documents
- At this point, you also require submitting medical and PCC certificate, when asked by the immigration office.
- The immigration officer will evaluate your application and documents and if everything is found genuine and in order, you will get the Canada PR approval letter from IRCC.
Apply in Express Entry System this year- get vital assistance from the immigration expert
If you wish to apply in Express Entry system to obtain permanent residency in Canada, you may coordinate with a registered and vastly experienced Canadian Immigration Consultant to get complete assistance to register a profile in Express Entry under Federal Skilled Worker Program and follow the rest of the process in a stepwise manner.
You may also visit the Canada PR Avenue Website to read the latest Express Entry news updates and process requirements.