Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is one of the three economic immigration programs managed under Canada s Express Entry System. It makes an ideal pathway to Canadian permanent residency for those skilled foreign workers who don t have any prior connection to Canada.
In fact, approximately half of Express Entry candidates immigrate to Canada through the FSWP.
Here are the three main categories of Canadian Express Entry immigration System:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP):This category is for the overseas skilled workers willing to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP):It s for those candidates, who have the experience in any skilled trade.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC):This category belongs to those candidates, who already have employment experience in Canada.
Suppose you are a foreign national and dream to apply for Canada PR through express entry. In that case, you may find your eligibility for FSWP and meet the minimum eligibility criteria to enter the pool of candidates.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria- FSWP
As an interested applicant, you must prove your eligibility by meeting the minimum requirement for:
- Skilled Work experience- At least one year of experience gained in past ten years in an occupation listed under National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level A, B or O. It has to be a steady, paid job either full-time or equal amount of part-time.
- English or French language proficiency- You must take an approved language test and obtain at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four language abilities (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
- Education- You must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a secondary or post-secondary education institution and submit an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for education completed outside of Canada.
What is Point s Requirement for FSWP?
The FSWP has a different points grid that helps assess the eligibility of all the applicants for the Federal Skilled Worker Program based on six selection factors. The IRCC evaluate applicants and award them with a score out of 100.
To qualify under FSWP, you must score a minimum of 67 points on the following factors:
- Language skills points- Maximum 28 Points
- Education points- Maximum 25 Points
- Work experience points- Maximum 15 Points
- Age points- Maximum 12 Points
- Arranged employment in Canada points- Maximum 10 Points
- Adaptability points- Maximum 10 Points
Calculates your Canada PR Points(67 Points Calculator)
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category?
- An applicant must have a minimum of one year of experience in any of the NOC (National Occupational Classification) 0, A or B category occupations.
- Applicants need to have proficiency in the primary language, i.e. English/French, with a minimum CLB 7 Score
- The applicant must score a minimum 67 points based on key selection factors of FSWP, i.e. age, education, experience, language skills, etc.
- Applicant must prove that he has enough funds to initially support him and his family members after landing in Canada.
Please note, French-speaking Express Entry candidates now get 25 additional points for their French language ability, up only 15 points earlier. At the same time, bilingual candidates get 50 points, in comparison to 30 earlier.
Supporting Documents- FSWP
You must have all the required documents to provide evidence for the information mentioned in your Express Entry profile. The IRCC asks you to submit documents at different stages.
Here s a list of supporting documents you need while applying under FSWP:
- A passport or any other travel document
- Valid language test report
- Education certificates with ECA report for education obtained outside of Canada
- Employment Certificates (Previous and Current Employer)
- Date of birth proof and recent photographs
Once you get an ITA, you must submit the following documents:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Funds as proof that you can financially support yourself and your family members in Canada
- Other documents, as asked by the IRCC
How to Apply in FSWP of Express Entry System?
Here is the stepwise process to apply in the FSWP category of Express entry:
- Register in Canada s online Express Entry Immigration System and submit EOI under the FSW category. You must obtain a minimum of 67 points based on age, education, experience, etc. factors.
- Once you score the minimum required points, you will be moved to the next level, i.e. Federal Express entry pool
- Your profile will be evaluated based on key factors. Accordingly, you will be allocated a point score based on CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System).
- The IRCC will scan profiles in the EE pool and invite them through a draw that opens every fortnight.
- If you receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canada PR in any of the Express Entry draws, you will get 60 days to submit a complete Canada PR application along with the essential documents
- You are also required to submit a medical and PCC certificate when asked by the immigration office.
- The immigration officer will evaluate your application and documents, and if everything is found genuine and in order, you will get the Canada PR approval letter from IRCC.
Apply for Canada PR Via Express Entry - Get Vital Assistance from the Immigration Expert
Suppose you wish to apply in Express Entry system to obtain permanent residency in Canada. In that case, you may coordinate with a registered and vastly experienced Canadian Immigration Consultant to get complete assistance to register a profile in Express Entry under Federal Skilled Worker Program and follow the rest of the process in a stepwise manner.
You may visit Canada PR Avenue for the latest Express Entry news updates and to understand the eligibility criteria and process requirements.?