Spouse, Partner or Children visa allows the spouse or children of Canadian citizen or permanent resident to come to Canada and live with him/her as a permanent resident. However, to apply for the spouse or children visa 2019, the applicant must have an eligible sponsor in Canada. Find below the conditions as to who can become a sponsor.
Who can Sponsor Spouse or Children to Canada?
One can be a sponsor if he/she is:
- Minimum 18 years
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada
- Need to provide evidence that not receiving any social assistance for reasons other than a disability
- Can offer for the basic requirements and needs of the person he/she is sponsoring
Who can be Sponsored as Spouse, Common-Law Partner or Conjugal Partner?
One can sponsor the spouse/partner if,
- They are minimum 18 years old
- The relationship is genuine (real)
If someone is sponsoring a spouse or partner, any dependent children should be listed on their application forms. If a sponsor in Canada is sponsoring one or more dependent child as the principal applicant(s), he/she require providing a complete set of application forms and documents for each child.
Who can’t Sponsor Spouse or Children to Canada?
Well, you can’t become a sponsor in case you:
- Are in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison
- Are still going through the process of bankruptcy (undischarged bankruptcy)
- Were sponsored by a spouse or partner and you became a permanent resident less than five years ago
- Get the social assistance for a reason other than a disability
- Weren’t able to provide for the basic needs of an earlier sponsored relative who received social assistance
- Failed to pay:
- An immigration loan
- A performance bond
- Family support payments
- Sponsored a previous spouse or partner and three years have not passed since this person became a permanent resident
- Have already applied to sponsor your current spouse, partner or child and a decision on your application hasn’t been made yet
- Were convicted of a violent or sexual offense, or an offense that caused bodily harm to a relative—or you attempted or threatened to commit any of these offenses
- Are under a removal order
There are a separate process and requirements altogether for the sponsor who is living in Quebec province of Canada. In case you have any further query with regards to Spouse Partner and Children Visa 2019, you may drop an e-mail to our expert at firstname.lastname@example.org.