After a long hiatus, the Canadian government has finally announced that the IRCC will resume Express Entry draws for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) programs by early July.
Canada had paused Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker draws in response to the pandemic from December 2020. However, the government continued the pause due to the colossal immigration application backlog.
As of September 2021, IRCC has paused all Federal High Skilled Worker draws, including the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and Canadian Experience Class.
Measures Announced by the IRCC- April 22, 2022
On April 22, 2022, Canada s immigration minister, Fraser, announced a series of measures centred around Canada s economic need for immigration to recover from the pandemic. The Canadian government is implementing several steps to help attract skilled foreign workers.
During the announcement, Fraser addressed the following:
· To process most of the new applications under Express Entry within six months.
· Invitation rounds for FSW, CEC, and FST candidates to resume in early July
· Post-graduate work permit holders whose permit is expiring between January and December 2022 can renew their work permits for 18 months starting this summer.
· IRCC doesn t need applicants to stay in Canada while their applications are under processing
· Applicants waiting for a decision on their permanent residence application can now apply for an open work permit in Canada valid until 2024
· Immediate family members living who are included in the primary applicant s permanent residence application but are living outside of Canada can also apply for an open work permit.
To discover your chance to move to Canada this year and find a suitable Canadian immigration program for yourself, take our free online assessment today!
Canada PR Avenue is purely an online platform to share immigration knowledge and information. It is not associated with any of the Government Immigration agencies or embassies, moreover, it doesn’t deal in any kind of placement or job related services. The website of Canada PR Avenue is a subsidiary website of www.visasavenue.com, hence, any query received on this website will be handled by the Team of Visas Avenue Pvt Ltd.
Copyright © Visas Avenue Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.